2010 Recap

We came a long way last summer. The first beds didn’t go in until mid June when we finished helping with the heavy earth moving and such over at the 62nd Street Garden.

Our first weekend we put in three raised bed frames. They aren’t all that raised and we didn’t do much to the help the rocky/sandy soil thick with crab grass, but our main goal at that point was just to get something in.

Our first three beds go in.

Here are those first three beds, along with a big hunk of concrete we've rigged up as a kind of bench.

Continue reading

My how the time flies…

Well then…

The first beds built at the Kimbark Flower Project

Kimbark Flower Project just getting established

The good news on the Flowers for Kimbark front is that we managed to do quite alot in the first year, but as I’m sure you can tell from the last posting date, we didn’t do a very good job of doing updates on our progress. Between putting in flower beds, and helping to establish the 62nd Street Garden, and canning our harvest last year we just didn’t manage to login and post. We did manage to take some pictures though, so I can at least give a recap of how things went for the summer of 2010. All of which I hope to sprinkle up on to the blog in the next few days. Lets just hope I get to it before the end of the summer!